health conditions


Question by  veera (13)

What are health considerations to make when you are exposed to copper dust?

My husband is exposed to copper dust.


Answer by  ToralDwivedi (606)

Prolonger and continuous copper dust inhalation leads to jaundice. Secondly, copper circulating in blood gets deposited in the brain and leads to heavy metal poisoning. Copper poisoning takes long time to cure. If the person is exposed too much to copper dust, fine face mask must be put on at the work place to avoid copper from entering breath.


Answer by  josie (287)

You should initially be concerned about your lung health. If you have a history of lung disease in any form, such as asthma, emphysema or chronic bronchitis or copd, be sure to notify you physician immediately. You should notify your physician immediately as well even if you don't have a history of pulmonary problems.


Answer by  mahavin (589)

When your husband inhales the copper dust occasionally, it would create lung and liver disorders as copper is micro element. Copper could be disgested only in micro level not in macro level. Once copper dust gets into alimentary canal or the breathing system, it induces allergic symptoms on the skin.


Answer by  jamieellison (1637)

Copper dust can cause eye, nose, skin and mouth irritation. If you are exposed to enough copper dust it can cause nausea. Wear gloves and a face mask to handle.

You have 50 words left!