Question by  manu (11)

How do I identify my antique vase?

It has the initials "f.b. a.c" on the bottom.


Answer by  Krissie (551)

Your best bet is to go to an antiques dealer. You might also try the library; they have books that show hundreds of antiques, and you can find the same mark or a similar vase, and use that as a guide. EBay is also a good place to look for similar items to give you an idea about the maker.


Answer by  moggie (329)

Start with a Google search. You might have to try a few, if not much comes up than it may not be very valuable or very few were made.


Answer by  Trixie2 (5)

You'll need to correctly identify the potter's marks to find the maker, age etc. since you didn't mention the material. There are several online reference sites to help.


Answer by  Darkephoenix (1789)

Since it has identifying marks it's a good start. You can check on the net or I'd personally take it to a reputable antique dealer specializing in vases.

You have 50 words left!